Investing should be easy – just buy low and sell high – but most of us have trouble following that simple advice. There are principles and strategies that may enable you to put together an investment portfolio that reflects your risk tolerance, time horizon, and goals. Understanding these principles and strategies can help you avoid some of the pitfalls that snare some investors.
Bridging the Confidence Gap In the world of finance, the effects of the "confidence gap" can be especially apparent.
It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times All about how missing the best market days (or the worst!) might affect your portfolio.
Can Election Results Predict the Market? How do the markets usually react to elections? Was the 2016 election any different?
Investments You’ve made investments your whole life. Work with us to help make the most of them.
From Boats to Brokers From the Dutch East India Company to Wall Street, the stock market has a long and storied history.
Jane Bond: Scaling the Ladder Agent Jane Bond is on the case, uncovering the mystery of bond laddering.
Jane Bond: Decoding Diversification Agent Jane Bond is on the case, discovering how bonds diversify a portfolio.
Jane Bond: Infiltrating the Market Agent Jane Bond is on the case, cracking the code on bonds.
The Fed and How It Got That Way Here is a quick history of the Federal Reserve and an overview of what it does.
Bursting the Bubble Tulips were the first, but they won’t be the last. What forms a “bubble” and what causes them to burst?
Inflation and Your Portfolio Even low inflation rates can pose a threat to investment returns.
The Real Cost of a Vacation Home What if instead of buying that vacation home, you invested the money?
16 Wall Street Cliches in 60 Seconds Pundits say a lot of things about the markets. Let's see if you can keep up.
The Junk Drawer Approach to Investing It's easy to let investments accumulate like old receipts in a junk drawer.
Emerging Market Opportunities What are your options for investing in emerging markets?
Global and International Funds Investors seeking world investments can choose between global and international funds. What's the difference?
Are Alternative Investments Right for You? With alternative investments, it’s critical to sort through the complexity.
The Good Ship IPO The seas of the market are constantly shifting. Whether the good ship IPO can set sail may depend heavily on the tides.
The Business Cycle How will you weather the ups and downs of the business cycle?
The Rule of 72 Do you know how long it may take for your investments to double in value? The Rule of 72 is a quick way to figure it out.
What Smart Investors Know Smart investors take the time to separate emotion from fact.
Should You Invest in Exchange Traded Funds? There are hundreds of ETFs available. Should you invest in them?
Where Is the Market Headed? We all know the stock market can be unpredictable. We all want to know, “What’s next for the financial markets?”
Should I Invest in Gold? Learning more about gold and its history may help you decide whether it has a place in your portfolio.
What Can a Million Dollars Buy You? $1 million in a diversified portfolio could help finance part of your retirement.
Events on Wall Street Can successful investors predict changes in the markets? Some can but others miss the market’s signals.
The Cycle of Investing Understanding the cycle of investing may help you avoid easy pitfalls.
- The Business Cycle
- A Look at Diversification
- Inflation & Your Money
- Options When Your CD Matures
- Mutual Funds vs. ETFs
- Value vs. Growth Investing
- Rebalancing Your Portfolio
- Estimating the Cost of College
- TIPS for Inflation
- Types of Stock Market Analysis
- Best Performing Asset Classes
- How the Federal Reserve Works
- A Primer on Dividends
- Asset Allocation
- How Stocks Work
- Required Reading: The Economic Report of the President
- Getting a Head Start on College Savings
- A Decision Not Made Is Still a Decision
- Global vs. International: What’s The Difference?
- The Great Debate Continues: Active vs. Passive
- All Muni Bonds Are Not Created Equal
- A Taxing Story: Capital Gains and Losses
- The ABCs of Zero Coupon Bonds
- The Ivory Tower Changes Wall Street
- Earnings for All Seasons
- Investing with Your Heart
- The Anatomy of an Index
- The Utility of Sector Investing
- The Investment Risk No One’s Ever Heard Of
- Alternative Investments – Going Mainstream
- Don’t Be Your Own Worst Enemy
- Investment Challenges of the Affluent Investor
- Four Really Good Reasons to Invest
- How Financial Advisors Are Compensated
- What’s Your Investment IQ?
- You Would Rather Be…